“You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose, and to do it courageously.”
"Beauty is Wealth: CEO Appearance and Shareholder Value” is a theory being presented by University of Wisconsin economists Joseph Halford and Scott Hsu, analyzing the appearance of 677 corporate CEOs and confirming that the most attractive executives are directly associated with positive stock returns. Rupert Murdoch, I'm sure, disagrees. If you are not as genetically gifted as Yahoo's Marissa Mayer or Tesla's Elon Musk, there are still some things that you can do to increase your attractiveness.
1. How you start your morning sets the tone for the entire day. Smiles are powerful social signals. People who were shown pictures of different ethnic groups agree that regardless of ethnic features, smiling faces garner the most positive responses. Smiles help defuse anger. They lower blood pressure, enhance the immune system, and release natural stress relievers (endorphins) and antidepressants (serotonin).
People who smile often have a longer lifespan, look more attractive, tend to be more successful, and have happier, longer lasting marriages. For all of these reasons, I advise starting your day with a smile.
2. Pursuing our dreams and living life to the fullest requires an abundance of personal energy. Mark Twain put it eloquently: "…and what is a man without energy? Nothing, nothing at all.” Only energy will enable you to do the best you can, increasing the quality and speed of your thoughts, improving focus and overall health, and inspiring others to get what you have! Incorporate yoga breathing into your life. One of the most important ways to improve energy levels is conscious breathing.
Above that, watch what you eat! Avoid foods with a lot of fat and sugar in them. They tend to drain your energy and slow down your entire system, requiring your body to use more energy to aid digestion and leaving less for the rest of your daily functions.
3. I'm sure you can attest to the unattractiveness of people who are constantly negative or aggressive. We have the power to choose our thoughts and emotions, so avoid negative thoughts and emotions. These are not only killers of your attractiveness but a total waste of energy in general.
4. Moving your body is a great way to maintain youth. You recharge your energy levels, get rid of body fat, build muscle, and infuse endorphins into your system. Choose the exercises that suit you best and practice them weekly for 45-60 minutes.
5. Getting enough sleep is crucial. It has been shown that adults who constantly get less than 7-8 hours of quality sleep look 7-10 years older. Build your sleep schedule and stick to it!
Who said Marissa Mayer and Elon Tusk are the only ones who are attractive? Look at you now! The sky is the limit!