“You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose, and to do it courageously.”
Some years ago, one of my friends called me, very excited, right upon his arrival from Puerto Rico. “We must meet,” he almost screamed into the telephone, “I brought you 'Hollywood'."
Well, I was intrigued. After agreeing on where we met the next morning for brunch.
Shining like a new coin, he put his hand in his bag and took out a piece of bark.
"What is this?" I asked completely shocked.
"This is Palo Santo- bark that many consider mystical. It is cut from a specific tree and has been used for centuries in South America for its energy cleansing qualities and for healing. The bark has been burned safely for centuries in spiritual and religious rituals, as it's known to bring clarity while keeping energies grounded. The shamans and spiritual leaders of South Africa also believe that Palo Santo enhances creativity and brings good fortune." Skeptical as I am, I wasn't sure if it really helped, but obviously, it wouldn't hurt. So I decided to burn Palo Santo in my home.
You need to follow certain rules during this ritual:
1. Close all doors and windows to keep as much of the smoke indoors.
2. Set your intentions for energy clearing of your home.
3. Burn only one or two sticks at a time for 1 min only. Then blow out and allow smoke to spread.
4. When done, place the remaining stick in a fireproof bowl and move around your space, placing close attention to the windows, door entrance, pipes and other areas with access to the outside of the home.
5. Leave the remaining stick to smoke in a safe area for one hour.
6. Go out for one hour
7. When you return, open all doors and windows to take away any lingering heavy or negative energy.
Can you feel the shift in your home? I hope it's peaceful and tranquil.