“You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose, and to do it courageously.”
If I had a chance to talk to the girl I was in the high school, these are 10 things that what I would tell her:
1. Stop seeking validation from other people. Your worth in this life is NOT and NEVER will be based on what others think about you.
2. Beauty is within. Seriously. You can wear the right make up and have the right accessories, but if your mind and heart continue to be ugly places, nothing will change.
3. Being in love cannot cure an already broken heart. Take time to heal before jumping into new relationships. You are more important than a relationship status, and love will always wait for you if it was meant to be.
4. Just because you were invited to a party doesn't mean you have to go.
5. Sex should be reserved for real, true, brilliant, blinding love. Wait for it.
6. Studying is cool. I swear. It means you care about your present and your future.
7. Your parents are not out to destroy you. Sometimes it might seem that they want to ruin your fun, but they care about you, and anything they do, they do it out of love and sincere care.
8. No amount of alcohol should ever lower your standards. Recite them to yourself, if necessary. Remember your worth and dignity.
9. Under no circumstances it is okay to judge others based on unmerited rumors, opinions, or prejudice. Keep your mouth closed and your heart open. Everyone needs a little more compassion. Why shouldn't that start with you ?
10.It will be okay. Trust me. I have been there.